Our Contact Centre are taking all calls.
For emergency repairs please call 0800 073 0703
To help you understand the types of emergency repairs please read the below examples:
A repair is categorised as an Emergency if attendance by an operative is required to make safe or repair any defect/s that may deteriorate quickly into a health and safety issue or cause significant damage to the property if not attended to.
Examples of ‘Emergency Repairs’ include the following:
• significant water ingress to property where the tenant is unable to stem the ingress;
• significant leaks from water or heating pipes, tanks or cisterns where the tenant is unable to stem the flow;
• burst pipes;
• no water supply;
• blocked or leaking foul drains or soil stacks;
• choked toilet, where there is only one toilet in house;
• toilet not flushing, where there is only one toilet in house;
• no heating;
• blocked flue to boiler;
• loss or partial loss of gas supply;
• full loss of lighting and / or power,
• dangerous or unsafe electrical power or lighting socket, or electrical fitting;
• no lighting or power;
• faulty cooker control unit;
• unsecured external door or windows on a lower level;
• broken windows; and
• any Health & Safety related issue.