Skip to Main Content

House Exchange

If you want to exchange houses with another tenant, you must first have held a tenancy for your current property for the last 12 months. The person you want to exchange with must hold a Scottish Secure Tenancy and get permission from their landlord (who may have their own conditions about mutual exchanges, which could affect your request). 

  • If you wish to advertise you are interested in an exchange, this can be done by completing the online form on the right hand side of this page
  • If you have found someone to exchange with then all parties must complete an application form (below).  

Mutual Exchange Application Form CVHA Tenant

Mutual Exchange Application Form Non-CVHA Tenant

You will receive a written reply within 28 days of us receiving all the necessary information. You must ensure that you get our written permission before proceeding with the exchange. 

For information on our House Exchange Criteria and Process see the House Exchange Leaflet or View Available House Exchanges.

Exchange Leaflet Logo

Available Exchange Logo

Please complete this form if you wish to advertise your interest in an exchange.

Privacy Option

                  Invest In People Gold R       Invest In Wellbeing Silver R

SFHA Logo   Customer Service Excellence  Ics    Happy To Translate   Tech Charter logo TIS Member