Skip to Main Content

Return to Noticeboard Stories

Help with Paying Rent

Help with paying rent


The Association recognises that if you experience a change in your circumstances, you may find it more difficult to pay your rent. The Revenue Team can help to support you if your circumstances change by providing relevant advice and information and by making referrals to our Income Maximisation Officers.

You may be able to claim one  of the following benefits to help you pay your housing costs:

·       Universal Credit

·       Housing Benefit

·       Discretionary Housing Payment

·       Council Tax Reduction

Our team can  be contacted by telephoning 01698 268855 or by emailing 

Can Universal Credit help you pay your rent?


A Housing Cost Element can be paid to you directly to help you with your housing costs, including your rent and service charges.  The payment will be paid directly to your bank account and the responsibility for paying your rent is yours.  You can ask Universal Credit to pay your rent to the Association directly and the Association can request a managed payment to landlord if you have rent arrears of 8 weeks. 

To make a claim for Universal Credit click on the link:

                  Invest In People Gold R       Invest In Wellbeing Silver R

SFHA Logo   Customer Service Excellence  Ics    Happy To Translate   Tech Charter logo TIS Member