Skip to Main Content

Return to Noticeboard Stories

Updating your rent on your Universal Credit Account

Your rent increases on the 1st of April 2024. It is important that you notify the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) that your rent charge has changed.


On the 1st of April, or as near as possible after this date, you should log onto your Universal Credit online account here: sign into your online account.  Under the ‘To Do’ tab, you will be asked to update your rent charge. You will also need to advise Universal Credit about any service charges for your property. All the information you need to report your new rent charge is noted in the letter sent to you by the Association during February.


You need to notify Universal Credit on the 1st of April or as close as possible after this date to ensure your rent is adjusted from the correct date. Do not worry if there is no request for you to update your rent charge. You will need to continue to log into your account daily from the 1st of April. If you do not tell them, your Housing costs may be underpaid, and you will need to repay the shortfall.


Please note, Clyde Valley Housing Association is charging rent charge and Service Charges (if applicable) every 4 weeks.


If you do not have an online account, call the UC helpline on 0800 328 5644. Remember to have your letter at hand.


If you need further help, please contact us by calling 01698 268855 or by emailing 

                  Invest In People Gold R       Invest In Wellbeing Silver R

SFHA Logo   Customer Service Excellence  Ics    Happy To Translate   Tech Charter logo TIS Member Scottish Housing Regulator SHR Logo