Skip to Main Content

Return to Noticeboard Stories

Citizens Advice Scotland

If you are worried about energy bills and the cost of living, the Citizens Advice network is here for you this winter.

Get help online

Feeling lost about money? Our Money Map tool directs you to online help finding ways to make the most of your money, decrease your bills and help meet the costs of daily living.

Access free support online from our public advice site, including information about grants and benefits to help you pay energy bills.

The Money Talk Team at your local Citizens Advice Bureau helps you maximise your income, look at options to reduce costs and offers specialist debt advice. To find out more, visit the Money Talk Team website here.

Find out if you’re missing out on making savings on your council tax bills. Our Council Tax tool tells you quickly if you’re entitled to a discount, reduction or exemption.

If you are thinking about claiming Universal Credit for the first time, we can help. Our Help to Claim advisers are available by webchat or telephone

(0800 023 2581, Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm) and can guide you through the process, whether you're looking for answers to quick questions or step-by-step support to make your claim.

Find your local CAB

Contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau to get free, confidential and impartial advice. An adviser will be able to talk through your situation and work out the next steps. Find your local bureau and get in touch today.

You can also call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 for help with your home energy this winter.

Useful sites

                  Invest In People Gold R       Invest In Wellbeing Silver R

SFHA Logo   Customer Service Excellence  Ics    Happy To Translate   Tech Charter logo TIS Member Scottish Housing Regulator SHR Logo